Both LG and Samsung are amongst the top two consumer electronics brands in India since a long time and have been able to penetrate to all types of customers from big metro cities to small cities and towns. They have made a healthy impression in the national as well as international market.
Both home electronics giants have launched many air conditioner models in Indian consumer market and launch new models from time to time to make an edge over the other. Consumers are often faced with the dilemma of which air conditioner to buy as both offers all types of air conditioners to suite everyone’s requirements. Here we compare the Samsung air conditioners with LG air conditioners and figure out which one is better than the other. First let’s figure out what steps you can adopt to choose an air conditioner that suits your requirements the best.
If the choice is between LG and Samsung Air Conditioner, here are the steps to compare:
- Identify your requirements
- It is often confusing which ac to by for your home: window or split. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The ideal ac which suites best and has the maximum star ratings is the best for you. If confused between split and window AC refer some of the current users known to you and other sources, like internet to get a fair knowledge about the same.
- Find the ac tonnage requirements. For that refer some articles on AC ton calculation on internet.
- After type and capacity is identified check all models of LG and Samsung which fit in this. Go for higher BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) star rated air conditioners or rather opt for 5 star AC’s if possible.
- Check if after sales service centre is present in your area. Give greater preference to that which is locally present.
- Do price comparison along with features and buy the one which is the cheapest and feature rich among the two.
Market Share in Consumer Durables
LG has a market share of 27 % and is ahead of Samsung which is at 19% only. Samsung launched 25 new models of AC's this summer and LG is not far behind. Both are targeting 30% share in Indian Market.
Service Network of LG and Samsung
LG has the widest distribution network across the country and has 70 remote-area offices, which are extensions of the branch office, 40 branches and eight regional offices all over the country.
Samsung is present in all towns and cities above population of 50,000. Samsung offers efficient customer services through its authorized service centers. Samsung India offers warranty cover period on its products and these authorized Samsung service centers are there to serve this purpose.
But it’s for you to decide depending upon which service center falls near your residence and offers better services.
Considering all the facts and factors LG air conditioners are more preferable over Samsung air conditioners as:
- LG is more dominant in refrigeration market than Samsung
- LG air conditioners have got more number of buyers than Samsung in India
- LG has more star rated models and is more innovative than Samsung
- LG has more service centers than that of Samsung
The quality of the product is more or less the same of LG and Samsung as both are manufactured using modern manufacturing techniques. Go for higher BEE star ratings, service availability in your area and last for price of the air conditioner as you will pay a higher price in the long run if you buy 1-2 stars rated AC than 4-5 star rated AC.
More on Air Conditioners